Mission, Goals, Values, and Vision
Marketplace for Kids believes that youth are skilled, innovative people who will continue to power a diversified, vigorous economy. Our vision is for every student to receive entrepreneurship education and encouragement to become a lifelong partner in building stronger communities.
- To promote and cultivate youth entrepreneurship and innovation.
- To provide entrepreneurship education and career exploration to youth with support and mentoring from business and community leaders.
- To encourage youth to develop their own innovative project and showcase their project at an Education Day.
- To engage youth in learning about practicing innovation.
- To raise awareness of self-employment as a viable career option.
- To assist youth in developing attributes and skills associated with entrepreneurs, including creativity, innovation, self-confidence, planning, and risk-taking.
- To motivate youth to pursue further study, exploration, and consideration of entrepreneurship.
To encourage youth to explore entrepreneurship and self-employment through the recognition and development of their inventive, creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Respect - The inherent worth, well-being and dignity of all people.
- Diversity - Understanding and celebrating the social and economic value of cultural diversity.
- Stewardship - Sustainable care of all resources for the good of this and future generations.
- Community - The coming together of people committed to work for their common betterment through the development of their highest skills and fullest potential.
- Integrity - The adherence to moral and ethical principles that promote soundness of moral character and honesty.